Units & Dose
Search MedCalc 3000
EHR Connect Edition
Grow MedCalc 3000
Submit New Formula/Feedback
Stage III Pressure Ulcer TreeCalc®
The MedCalc 3000 module Stage III Pressure Ulcer TreeCalc® is available in
MedCalc 3000 Complete Edition.
This Decision TreeCalc evaluates the following decision points:
- Assess ulcer stage, cleanse wound with normal saline or wound cleanser. Is Necrosis present?
- Use saline moistened gauze and cover dressing. Remoisten every shift. Change dressing frequently. Measure wound weekly. Is it healing?
- Use calcium alginates and cover dressing. Change frequently, and measure wound weekly. Is wound healing?
Decision Tree end points include:
- Debridement Protocol
- Monitor wound. Continue patient and family education.
- Unless there is significant deterioration, maintain treatment plan for 2 more weeks, reevaluate, and consider topical antibiotics such as silver sulfadiazine or triple antibiotic ointment.
| Legal Notices and Disclaimer |
All information contained in and produced by the MedCalc 3000 system is provided
for educational purposes only. This information should not be used for the
diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease.
THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE CLINICAL JUDGMENT OR
GUIDE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT CARE IN ANY MANNER.
Click here for full notice and disclaimer.
MedCalc 3000 is Copyright © 1998-2013 Foundation Internet [Build 248239 v13.3]