Units & Dose
Search MedCalc 3000
Grow MedCalc 3000
Submit New Formula/Feedback
Low Back Pain Evaluation TreeCalc®
The MedCalc 3000 module Low Back Pain Evaluation TreeCalc® is available in
MedCalc 3000 Complete Edition.
This Decision TreeCalc evaluates the following decision points:
- Symptoms of low back pain
- Evaluate case complexity
- Evaluate case urgency
- Evaluate case severity
- Try conservative therapy for 6 weeks
- Try conservative therapy for 6 weeks unless neuro problems worsen
- Treat symptoms
Decision Tree end points include:
- Routine clinical follow-up
- Check ESR and if >20 or more than 2 risk factors of serious condition check X-Ray and then possible MRI
- Check CT or MRI
- Check CT or MRI urgently and consider disc surgery
- Check MRI, CT or neuro-electro tests and consider laminectomy
| Legal Notices and Disclaimer |
All information contained in and produced by the MedCalc 3000 system is provided
for educational purposes only. This information should not be used for the
diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease.
THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE CLINICAL JUDGMENT OR
GUIDE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT CARE IN ANY MANNER.
Click here for full notice and disclaimer.
MedCalc 3000 is Copyright © 1998-2013 Foundation Internet [Build 247527 v13.2]