Units & Dose
Search MedCalc 3000
Grow MedCalc 3000
Submit New Formula/Feedback
CIWA-Ar Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol Scale
The MedCalc 3000 module CIWA-Ar Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol Scale is available in
MedCalc 3000 Complete Edition.
This calculator evaluates the following Clinical Criteria:
- NAUSEA AND VOMITING: Ask "Do you feel sick to your stomach? Have you vomited?" Observation.
- TREMOR: Arms extended and fingers spread apart. Observation
- PAROXYSMAL SWEATS: Observation
- ANXIETY: Ask "Do you feel nervous?" Observation.
- AGITATION: Observation
- TACTILE DISTURBANCES: Ask "Have you any itching, pins and needles sensations, burning sensations, numbness or do you feel bugs crawling on or under your skin?" Observation.
- AUDITORY DISTURBANCES: Ask "Are you more aware of sounds around you? Are they harsh? Do they frighten you? Are you hearing anything that is disturbing to you? Are you hearing things you know are not there?" Observation.
- VISUAL DISTURBANCES: Ask "Does the light appear to be too bright? Is its colour different? Does it hurt your eyes? Are you seeing anything that is disturbing to you? Are you seeing things you know are not there?" Observation.
- HEADACHE, FULLNESS IN HEAD: Ask "Does your head feel different? Does it feel as if there is a band around your head?" Do not rate for dizziness or lightheadedness. Otherwise, rate severity.
- ORIENTATION AND CLOUDING OF SENSORIUM: Ask "What day is this? Where are you? Who am I? Count forward by 3
| Legal Notices and Disclaimer |
All information contained in and produced by the MedCalc 3000 system is provided
for educational purposes only. This information should not be used for the
diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease.
THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE CLINICAL JUDGMENT OR
GUIDE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT CARE IN ANY MANNER.
Click here for full notice and disclaimer.
MedCalc 3000 is Copyright © 1998-2013 Foundation Internet [Build 246866 v13.1]