Units & Dose
Search MedCalc 3000
EHR Connect Edition
Grow MedCalc 3000
Submit New Formula/Feedback
Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation TreeCalc®
The MedCalc 3000 module Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation TreeCalc® is available in
MedCalc 3000 Complete Edition.
This Decision TreeCalc evaluates the following decision points:
- Click pCO2 (mmHg) in arterial blood
- Indicate the pH from the ABG
Decision Tree end points include:
- Metabolic acidosis with reduced respiratory acid helping to compensate the low pH
- Respiratory alkalosis with reduced respiratory acid causing the high pH
- Metabolic acidosis not compensated by respiratory change
- Normal acid base balance
- Metabolic alkalosis not compensated by respiratory change
- Respiratory acidosis
- Metabolic alkalosis compensated by respiratory acid retention
| Legal Notices and Disclaimer |
All information contained in and produced by the MedCalc 3000 system is provided
for educational purposes only. This information should not be used for the
diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease.
THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE CLINICAL JUDGMENT OR
GUIDE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT CARE IN ANY MANNER.
Click here for full notice and disclaimer.
MedCalc 3000 is Copyright © 1998-2013 Foundation Internet [Build 248239 v13.3]